add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

H150i Pro placement in O11 dynamic

yoyoseby
  • 7 months ago

I was wondering which configuration would work better for maintaining a positive airflow and also good temperatures for cpu and gpu....I have 2 configurations 1) Bottom x3 intake + Side x3 intake (radiator mounted) - Top x3 exhaust 2) Bottom x3 intake + Top x3 intake (radiator mounted) - Side x3 exhaust Ps: If you are wondering, yes I absolutely want the radiator to be an intake, personally I would choose second option because fans for exhaust on the side look way better (all fans are rgb) but I have concerns about the dust because the top is usually where it gathers the most

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

When choosing between thermals and aesthetics, I would always go for thermals first. I don't think dust is such a big deal for the second option as honestly, dusting out your system every month or so would only take you like 10 minutes. You could mount the radiator on the side and set it to exhaust and go bottom intake and top exhaust. It creates a negative pressure setup instead, keeps the aesthetics you want, and doesn't sandwich the hot air in the middle as your second option. Again, the concern about dust and negative pressure honestly just baffles me as a simple dusting of your system every month or so shouldn't be such a big deal. In any case, it would definitely be better than the second option.

• 7 months ago
  • 0 points

Seting the radiator to exhaust will make hot air from the case go through it instead of cold air from the outside of the case...

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube