add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How simple would it be to vertically mount the EVGA RTX 2070 XC Gaming Ultra?

noahboa

3 months ago

I would like to get a GPU backplate to hide the exposed PCB but would rather mount it vertically for the time being as I have a case that supports vertical mounting and don't want to spend too much extra money. However, would this bring any difficulties to the build and would it affect the performance of the GPU or any other parts?

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

It would likely impede thermals a little bit at most, unless you have a bad riser cable

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, the case is the NZXT H510i if that helps. The only reason I'd do this is to hide the PCB since EVGA tends to make good GPU's at the cost of looks.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube