add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

NZXT Kraken help pls

Matiasmd

4 months ago

Hello, I have the Asus Prime motherboard just like 9:55 here. And I have a small problem. I can have 4 ram sticks since the CPU cooler is in the way, if I put one stick in the first ram slot its bent and can really work, so after I swapped it into the second and the forth for the dual-link thing. It works, but I want 4 ram sticks so I can have 32 GB ram

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

You just have to rotate the pump head counter clockwise by 90 degrees so that the tubes come out the top of the cooler. That will give you the clearance you need for the memory. I know because it's the exact same with the MSI MEG Z390 Ace board and the NZXT Kraken coolers (I have the X72). Also, do not let the memory sticks bend. This actually ruined the DIMM slot on my board (the memory is fine) and forced me to RMA the board.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

It just ruins the NZXT logo doesent it? When its sideways plus the tubes Will be a little awkward

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, the logo will be rotated as well, but at least you can use the cooler with all four RAM sticks. As far as functionality, everything will be fine as NZXT even does this on their BLD service for prebuilts (their cooler plus four RAM sticks). As for me, I ended up giving the X72 Kraken to my brother for his build with only two stick of memory while I changed to a Corsair AIO with a smaller pump head.

• 4 months ago
  • 0 points

Not enough data!

Which prime ASUS board?

Which NZXT Kraken and which Ram kit?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

The kraken with a 360 radiator. And it isnt the board but the cooler that is too Big i guess

• 4 months ago
  • 0 points

The only reason could be a small mATX board or even Case and very tall ram modules.

And as i said, without knowing more specs about your build, just check all the builds from the link below to find a similar build with yours.

Good luck!

https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/nGjJ7P

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube