add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Formatted hard drive

Shayanheiati

2 months ago

Hi my friends.i have formatted my hard drive (GPT Based) and now i haven't anything on it even partitions ! I lost all of my data.. how i recover it without OS ? Plz help

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Pro tip 1: Don't format drives that has important data on them

Pro tip 2: Backups are as important as the importance of the data is being backed up

Hopefully the sectors on the HDD were just flagged empty and still contain the data, if so there are data recovery utilities that may be able to read and recover the data. This is not guaranteed to work. Also there are companies that specialize in data recovery but again it is not guaranteed and those services are often very expensive. Not sure what data you lost or how important it is to you.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

this is what I like to call a 'cautionary tale'

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

My data are so important to me.. One question.. If i create a partition (C) and install Windows on it , it can harm to the information of other partitions?

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Unless you are intimately familiar with partition tables and Windows filesystems, and it sounds like you aren't, I would advise you to not attempt anything yourself. If your data was on separate partitions, and you recreate the original partition table exactly down to the cylinder and sector count, you may be able to see the old filesystems, if they are there at all. If you don't get it exactly right you'll likely trash everything.

If you insist on fooling with it yourself, get a second drive, install windows there, and then work with the original drive booting from the new one. Do not attempt to install anything on the original drive.

I very seriously advise you to hire an expert, either individual or data recovery company.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi my friends.i have formatted my hard drive (GPT Based) and now i haven't anything on it even partitions !

Probably would be best in the future to know what the thing you're doing means...

how i recover it without OS ? Plz help

You're going to want to look at data recovery software or services. The Windows installer doesn't have the tools to recover data marked for overwriting, but there are options. I don't have opinions on anything specific having never needed to recover deleted data from a formatted drive (or a failed drive because I live a charmed life).

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Nowadays, recovering your lost or deleted data is not that challenging. Data recovery software makes the recovery process so easy that even a novice can easily recover his/her data in few simple steps & that too without any special or technical knowledge. All you need is a safe, secure & reliable data recovery software. There are lots of data recovery software options available online however, I will suggest Stellar Data Recovery Professional Software which is available for Windows as well as Mac systems. I suggest Stellar because it is one of the most advanced & powerful data recovery software with very easy to use user-interface that can recover all types of lost or deleted data from corrupted or accidentally formatted hard drive & even from lost partitions of a drive.

You can also check the below blog to know how to recover data from accidentally formatted drives, using the software: https://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/how-to-use-stellar-data-recovery-professional-for-windows/

Hope it will help.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube