add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What is the difference, if any, between these two SSDs?

smorfborf

2 months ago

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CGJNLBB

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BN217QG

Same model number and everything. The first is what PCPP gives me, the second is a supposed deal I found. Seems to be the same thing except the second one is listed at a way higher price, is on sale right now for close to the first's price, and has WAY more reviews. Is this just something weird going on with Amazon or is there some difference I should be aware of?

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

well, the more expensive one is sold by an amazon seller named "kooldeal68" and the one that is less expensive is sold directly by amazon. they are probably the exact same part, but amazon has the better deal. https://imgur.com/a/ai2Yxsr

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Its how the amazon pages work, if you go to the amazon listed one and click on "new and used from..." it will show all the sellers and you see the other seller is in there. What happens is amazon runs out so the page changes to the next seller in line and their price, and you see it (maybe you save the page or your browser does). When amazon gets them back in stock it goes back to amazon price like it was before and that seller goes back on the list of other sellers. You have to read the tiny "sold by..." to see if its amazon or not. Amazon is almost always the cheapest seller with prime shipping.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you two for the responses. Crazy how the more expensive one has WAY more reviews.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I find those pages come up from either links or when I am not logged on to amazon, otherwise they don't. Yeah there are always sellers on there with high prices waiting for Amazon to run out, just like Ebay. Now same thing on newegg and Walmart. It makes shopping more difficult when every retailer is listing a 100 other stores in with their stuff. And amazon lists things they sell and they ship, someone else sells and amazon ships, and someone else sells and ships. So you order something and then shipping time is 2 weeks and you say what, where did my prime go? Now you have to analyze the page to look for all that stuff. And some things are prime from a different seller who takes 2 days to get it to Amazon who then ships it prime, so 4 days. Now they have some things one day ship, but again you have to look closely its more work for me.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube