add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is 120GB too small?

TheSingingCarrots

3 months ago

Somebody on the forums told me that 120GB for an ssd is too small, but my current PC has a 120GB ssd and it works just fine so I dont know what hes talking about

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

Giving current pricing its pointless to buy a 120gb SSD.

Useless is debatable but when you consider that on all current SSD that have a 120gb option your losing performance on an already low performance drive with just Windows or a single large game installed when for $10 more you can double capacity they really are not a good buy.

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

Yes

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

To small for what? Windows? That is not true at all. Until recently I had Windows running on a 120 GB SSD and both of my son's PC have 120 GB SSD for OS drives.

If someone was buying now, they really don't make sense since the prices for larger SSD have come so far down.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Its not that hard really, if it works for you, great.

I suspect the person may be looking at a more average user, by the time you get the OS on there, a few games, it will likely be filled. Makes sense to pony up a little bit more cash and get a bigger drive in most instances. Get / go with what works for you simply put.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

It's not if you have a 2nd 480GB+ SSD with it.

Run that SSD for windows 10 only, and the 1/2TB SSD for the games and programs.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

A while back when they were expensive that is how PCs were setup, then boot and windows ran super fast and maybe some games fit on there. Now you can get 500gb much cheaper than before even 1tb are getting affordable.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube