add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How many volts for oc ryzen 5 3600x

TheSingingCarrots

1 month ago

I'm planning one overclocking my Ryzen 5 3600X to 4.4 Ghz and want to know how many volts to give it

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

AMD still hasn't changed voltage limits from the last generation.

1.35v everyday safe.

1.4v max down from 1.45v because chips were dying.

The stock voltage profile will ignore those but they also use different voltage for each core and can control the voltage ramp up/down in the MS not sustained voltage like overclocking does.

You should also note you will be limited to whatever the worst core per CCX is capable of reaching, buying an "X" model no longer guarantees better overclocking since all Ryzen are binned based on what the best core can reach and what all cores can reach under stock voltage.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Are you sure you will get to work that high?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Well that's the boost clock

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Yes and the boost clock of the 3800X is 4.5GHz.

But that doesn't mean you can get it to work at 4.5GHz on all cores. lol

It will barely go over 4.3GHz at best with an manual OC.

And if the 3600X can sustain an all core TB of 4.3-4.2GHz according to the below, i don't know how much faster would it be pushing it to 4.4GHz.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-ryzen-5-3600/20.html

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube