add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

3600 vs 2700x

Nxmeless

1 month ago

I’m building a new PC and im wondering if i should go with the 3600 or the 2700x. I’m gonna be gaming and streaming, but mostly gaming. 25% streaming, 75% gaming.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

With streaming component I err slightly towards the 2700X. As a gaming component, I lean slightly towards the 3600. To be honest both are pretty solid choices. If counting pennies means less one way but more towards a VGA I would go with the 2700X and more affordable mobo. But that's just me.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

So your price point is about $200? I’d lean towards the 2700X. A little bit behind in gaming fps, but not much, and the extra cores for streaming.

• 1 month ago
  • 0 points

Best case gaming/streaming with GPU handling the workloads 3600 has 5% on average advantage but that's provided you get all good cores on a 3600, you get one of the 3600 that runs more 3.8ish-ghz then they are pretty equivalent.

Streaming wise using the CPU for the workloads the 2700X wins hands down.

Problem is currently for how close they are in price the 2700X comes with a half decent cooler, 3600 comes with the Stealth and the above numbers are on aftermarket cooling so they are even closer together.

• 1 month ago
  • 0 points

I game and stream Plex whilst gaming on a 3600x that only runs at 3.8ghz and I have no problems at all. Glad I chose it over the 2700x.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube