add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cpu the issue?

Cirrhilabrus

1 month ago

System Info CPU: i5-4690K @ 3.5Ghz overclocked to 3.9 GPU: GTX msi 1080 Duke Mem: 2x8 DDR3 Mobo: Asus z97-AR Monitor(s): primary: Dell 27" 2k S2716DG secondary: LG 29" 1080p ultrawide

For the most part I can play any game just fine in 2k @ ~80-100fps (R6 siege, Warframe, etc). The problem occurs when specifically playing the new modern warfare game (yes I updated to the newest nvidia driver). I can play the game relatively well, however my cpu spikes and stays ~100% and every other application freezes up, including discord to the point where I can't talk to or hear anyone (aside from bits and pieces during a death or something) until the match is over. Sometimes all other applications with close out altogether when starting up or playing this game. I asked some friends I was playing with if it was happening to them and they said no, and one of them has an older system than mine with an AMD FX 8350.

I'm wondering if this is just a game issue or if I've finally reached the point where my cpu is bottlenecking my gpu. Just seems odd that I can play all other games fine with no issues.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

That sounds more like a software conflict between drivers not so much a CPU issue.

CPU would be more like game sitting at low frame rates or stuttering not a total freeze.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Try to play the game on a clean boot environment and see if your CPU does stuck
again at 100% or you encounter any other anomalies.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/what-is-clean-boot-state-in-windows

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube