add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Would you make any changes?

Hello! How is everyone today? I’ll start off by saying that I am 15 and am hoping to get a budget PC for Christmas. I have been doing research on building PCs since last April. I tried to get a job over the summer and earn money to build my own, but unfortunately that didn’t work out. So I’m asking for the parts for pc for christmas so I can still experience the magic of building one. I will be paying for a part of it and the budget is $550, including windows. Here’s what I have so far. What would you guys change?

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 3 1200 3.1 GHz Quad-Core Processor $59.40 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock B450M/AC Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $69.89 @ OutletPC
Memory Team T-Force Delta RGB 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $44.99 @ Newegg
Storage Sabrent Rocket 256 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $39.97 @ Amazon
Video Card PowerColor Radeon RX 570 4 GB Red Devil Video Card $149.89 @ OutletPC
Case Aerocool Shard ATX Mid Tower Case $45.63 @ Amazon
Power Supply EVGA BR 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $39.99 @ Amazon
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $99.89 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $559.65
Mail-in rebates -$10.00
Total $549.65
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-25 14:50 EDT-0400

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

There's not a lot of room to work here, but one suggestion would be to switch to the DIYPC F2 case, in whatever color you can stand / is on sale. The F2 comes with two LED-lit fans and actually has some airflow going on, so you can put the money into your 16GB memory.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, this isn’t much of a “I need help, what do I do?” post and more of a “I know what I’m doing, but I want an outside opinion for any changes” post. I knew I basically maxed out my performance for this price range anyways. But thanks for the input. I will look into the case.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

By the way, I already have a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and headset so don’t worry about that. They suck, but they work, so I won’t complain. Except for the headset, it’s actually decent.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I would save a bit more and get 16GB of Ram.

And you need at least one additional front intake fan for that Casing.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 3 1200 3.1 GHz Quad-Core Processor $59.40 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock B450M/AC Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $69.89 @ OutletPC
Memory Team Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $59.99 @ Newegg
Storage Sabrent Rocket 256 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $39.97 @ Amazon
Video Card PowerColor Radeon RX 570 4 GB Red Devil Video Card $149.89 @ OutletPC
Case Aerocool Shard ATX Mid Tower Case $45.63 @ Amazon
Power Supply EVGA BR 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $39.99 @ Amazon
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $99.95 @ Amazon
Case Fan ARCTIC Arctic F12 PWM 57 CFM 120 mm Fan $7.89 @ OutletPC
Case Fan ARCTIC Arctic F12 PWM 57 CFM 120 mm Fan $7.89 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $580.49
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-25 15:05 EDT-0400
  • 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I thought about that, however I would like some level of lighting in my build. And the build isn’t even really strong enough to run games that require 16GB of ram. That’s why I opted for the 8GB of rgb ram. I guess the fans will have to do.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Wait no rgb fans are like $30 each nvm

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

It doesn't matter how strong the PC is, if the game in question does use ~6GB of system ram and leaves the rest of the system with only 2GB left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAUh4YvU8s8

Check the ram usage of Battlefield 5 on the above gaming tests on a similar build like yours with a R1200 and a RX 570.

Near 8GB of system ram usage! How playable you think would that game be if it uses all your available system Ram, with no resources left for Windows and additional applications that runs most probably in the background.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

True. I guess I’ll go for 16GB. Thanks for your input.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

You're welcome :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube