add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What to store where... I got no clue😢

Nukeninj

1 month ago

I would like to know what sort of programs to store on my M.2 and my other hdd's and external hard drives

I will be using alot of games, the adobe suite, blender, general applications and other things around those categories but i've got no clue what to store where, especially on the M.2 ssd. Any advice would be greeaatttly appreciated. Thank yoouuuu

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

It just comes down to how fast you want the programs to load. Games really don't need to take up space on your M.2 unless they have a lot of loading screens that take a long time. For example, I have Skyrim and Fallout 4 installed on an SSD because of the loading screens. Most of my other games are on a HDD. Minecraft is also on the SSD as it benefits from because it is constantly reading and writing to the disk.

As for your programs, some may want/need to be installed on the same drive as Windows, so the go there. Others, unless they take a long time to load, can go on the HDD.

The external drive should have photos, videos, documents and other things that you don't use often but want to keep long term.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube