add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

hdd sata problem

pzix86

1 month ago

hello guys , i have 2 hdd : one sata 2 (500gb) hard drive and one sata3 (500gb)hard drive , but they run in my pc in sata1 and sata2.6 (((((all my mainboard sata sockets is 3 and sata cables are 3))))) can anyone knows why? i cant reach they maximum speed and sata 3 drive give 50 mb/s instead of 100mb/s!!!! very annoying

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

No hdd can run sata 3 speed (600mb/s), most can't do sata 1 speeds a good 7200 rpm is around 100 and sata 1 is 150mb/s, the best drives are 15,000 rpm and can hit 200 while sata 2 is 300. Only SSD can top out a sata controller. Only thing I can think of is look in bios and see they are recognized properly and smart drive is on or whatever its called.

I put a SSD in a sata2 and it is lightning fast compared to the old 5400rpm HD, so its at 300mb/s which is 50% faster than the best 15K rpm hdd. I thought it would be slow at sata 2, it is not. It boots win7 in 30 seconds exactly, its a core2quad but it runs a browser and video just fine, all it need do. Given if you actually bench a drive you will never get its controller's max spec speed.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

i check it out , it recognized properly . i used hd tune pro to see are they running in sata 3 or not and that app showed me it runs at sata 2.6 , my question was for that. so that is obvious no problem exist here ! thanx

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I don't know why you get that, look up the motherboard you should be able to find spec for it that tells what sata it is. I know I have an old machine that is sata but really it is not, it is a modded IDE that runs sata but can not communicate with sata. So it can not run a SSD. OEM sometimes cheat that way. However what I was saying is that unless you have sata 1 and your drive is well above 100mb/s, the sata controller is not slowing your drives.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube