add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

RGB lights in black cases don't show that well?

pcbldragain

1 month ago

Was wondering if anyone put something in their case to make it show light better, such as white panels or other reflective things, or is more lights the answer. I don't want a Christmas tree PC but just my motherboard LED hardly show up at all with a black case and board.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

White cable extensions, white fan accents like the Chromax corners, white heatsink covers, M.2 covers

Minor white elements that reflect the lighting

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

My big cpu cooler covers part of the MB led. I was thinking of swapping the front case fans for RGB and maybe they would toss out some light on things? Or maybe the cooler fan its in direct sight. Just not sure if that is way to go or better to put a led strip in the bottom for direct light. I mean if it were a white case it would light up the whole thing that color right, this lights up none. Also have a door on the front so no light out front just the side window. But I don't want to go overboard either lol and light up the room....just the PC parts is all I want lit.

White cables and covers, I will look into that. Going to order a fan at least I'll see what else I can find.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Can you link the parts list?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/6m9J7P

The southbridge or whatever they call it is the only thing you can see light up with that cooler. The VRM sink also lights up but only lower end is visible.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Couple of things to note here...

• You should use the M.2 heatsink that the motherboard comes with - it'll look better. If it can't fit with the SSD mounted there, put the SSD in another slot.

• You could also consider getting red, red/black or red/white cable extensions. You can usually find them for <30 USD on Amazon in a variety of designs.

• You should probably make swapping the PSU a priority...

• Do you have a figurine or something like that to fill up some of the empty space in the case? Could help aesthetics a bit.

• You could find a cheap LED strip to mount under the top rim. Would light up the heatsink and the cables, depending on what color you end up getting them in.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

On the desk I can't see the m.2, that is the X4 slot I think the lower slot is only X2 pcie….so I figured it didn't matter and was not wanting to peel off the sink as it came with it installed. The cables may be a good idea. LOL yeah the PSU not that good $28 clearance few years back but figure its only a 2400G with no gpu. I am looking at a bitfenix 650 or so before I put a gpu in.

I'll look for something to put in there. I found some strips that run on aura I may get them and see what it looks like. With all the gamers here there is not much talk about RGB. I don't care that much but I have it so why not use it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube