add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

CPU fan

jeremygill

1 month ago

Upgrading from g4560 to i7 7700k will the fan that came with g4560 work with i7 7700k I'm not plamning on overclocking

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Work Yes.

Work well No.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

You don't need to get fancy, look for a $30-ish cooler. Exact recommendation would depend on what country you're buying in.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Owned the 7700K for two years. Do not underestimate this chip's ability to heat a room even on stock settings. Get a decent cooler, air or liquid. You will need it. It is only 4 cores and if you are going to game, there will be some titles that will happily push this above 70% CPU usage. Expect throttling or blue screen o death with the stock Intel cooler. Light workloads you will be okay but if that is the plan the Pentium is up to that task as well and you can save your money.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube