add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Question about 860 QVO 2TB Geeksquad refurb. $153.99

ajaxjames

1 month ago

I don't like to buy refurbed items but am looking for a 2tb ssd so I have a couple questions. How are best buy geeksquad refurbs? Also do you think any other brand new ssd's of similar quality will be close to this price the closer we get to black friday?

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Refurbs for most vendors is a fancy way of saying used and not even tested. In many cases I heard from a friend that customer buys, does not want, back on shelf. If customer return was initiated because of broken or faulty, they will not know that.

While the 860 QVO is a pretty low performing SSD, it is still better than an HDD and at that price is actually cheaper than Used specimens on eBay. If you purchase via Paypal you will be protected. Worst case you return and write a bad review. Best case is a working drive for quite cheap.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the response i have a 500 gb ssd 850 samsung evo right and I am looking to upgrade to 2tb.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube