add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

2700x on X570

Essex23

1 month ago

So I currently have an ASUS X470F-Gaming mobo...but the BIOS is giving me a lot of issues, especially with the Q-Fan settings, since the latest update, and ASUS can't seem to figure it out either.

I am looking to bump up to the X570 platform, so I am thinking of dropping my 2700X into a Gigabyte X570 Aurous Xtreme and then sometime after Christmas upgrade to a 3900X. But I have read that some people had issues with popping a 2700X into X570 boards. Anyone else had this issue? Or this far into the X570 lifespan am I OK to do this?

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Best bet with the older CPU is to revert BIOS versions to pre-3000 ready versions unless your worried about security fixes.

Older BIOS chips on X470/B450/A320 mostly lack the size to carry support for all the CPU along with security/architecture fixes, optimizations, and features with 3000 ready BIOS so issues are commonplace.

Or even worse with the MSI B450/X470 MAX series which mostly lack support for the 2700X.

X570 your spending a lot of money and you wouldn't be able to use most of the features the platform offers, so your spending a ton and not gaining anything. Or finding that fixes for architecture issues are not even supported on most boards which although compatible are not being built around older version support.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

But I have read that some people had issues with popping a 2700X into X570 boards.

it depends from the nature of the problem. Some may be justified and some others may be the users fault. ¯\(ツ)

So I currently have an ASUS X470F-Gaming mobo...but the BIOS is giving me a lot of issues, especially with the Q-Fan settings, since the latest update, and ASUS can't seem to figure it out either.

Have you searched the net for similar problems with that or a similar Asus board and the Q-fan settings?

Sometimes if you have additional Fan tools installed on your system it may lead to problems.

Also if you face any Fan rpm inconsistencies in relation to the CPU speed, you could try to make manual adjustments than relying on the different Q-fan profiles.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Find out what size bios chip it is, my asus x470 prime pro said 32mb which is the same as new msi max boards. I flashed the new bios for 3000 and it changed nothing I can see. I run 3 dc case fans and 1 pwm cooler fan all off the board no problems.

I agree its tough to justify x570 price, the x470 generally do anything you need today. If you do check the spec on the x570 make sure its ryzen 2000 ready, not sure why it would not. They might drop support for old am4 cpu but would be surprised if they did not support any ryzen.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

The Aorus Xtreme costs a fat wad of cash, so it may just be worth going onto somewhere like reddit, ask your question there and tag one (or both) of the Gigabyte community/product manager accounts in the post.

X570 should support Ryzen 2000, but if you're blowing $700 on a motherboard, then you might as well get some first-party clarification.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube