add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Looking for some advice and wanted to ask about a few things.

shoopdafloop

1 month ago

So this is my current build I am planning. I am upgrading from an old pc but only keeping the GPU and PSU https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CjQvWb

I just wanted to make sure everything is compatible. I already checked all the warnings at the bottom of the list and they are all fine except I'm not sure about clearance. I wanted to make sure everything will fit with the case I chose. Thanks for any advice

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points
  • OK you can get a 360 AIO in the top of that case but I think you maybe better with 240, this will give you a bit more room to play with, also you can get one that matches the existing case fans.

• I think you should consider an X570 motherboard.

• Possibly consider different storage options, better NVMe drive & better mechanical drive, both cheaper.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor $307.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Enermax Aquafusion 240 79.8 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $99.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard MSI X570-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard $139.99 @ Amazon
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $86.99 @ Newegg
Storage Corsair MP510 960 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $124.99 @ Amazon
Storage Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply Purchased For $0.00
Custom Enermax Saberay ADV A-RGB Lighting ATX Mid Tower Gaming PC Case Quick Release Side Panel 3 ARGB Fans Pre-Installed; ECA3500ABA-RGB $196.47 @ Amazon
Custom 1070ti Purchased
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1006.41
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-11 13:40 EST-0500
  • 1 month ago
  • 1 point

So what is the reasoning on the x570 MB

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

The VRMs are designed for higher core count processors and you get AMD's precision boost overdrive to maximise performance. Whereas with 400 series boards you only get precision boost 2 which is constrained by various thermal & power limits, precision boost overdrive allows you to raise some of these limits to get more performance.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Also, I checked the Storage options u sent and the HHD is good but the SSD is 40gb less and only seems to be 300mb faster and I don't mind that trade-off unless I'm missing something big in the difference between the 2

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube