add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New RX 580 or old GTX 980Ti

Coursair
  • 5 months ago

I've recenly bought Asus's RX 580 4GB, but I'm still sceptical about AMD's GPUs. Also I am too poor to afford one of their more expensive models, so I've started looking on second-hand market. There is 980 Ti (looks like founder's edition) in the price of ~$170, but it's warranty ended in 2017 and it was probably lying around for two years (as I understand auction description). I am hesitant, because it would offer considerable increase in efficiency, but it's probably 4 yo GPU, to put it in late 2019 build... idk. What do you guys think? Is it worth it?

I have to decide quickly, cuz I can return 580 to the store for 2 days from now on.

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

The 980 Ti is faster than the RX 580. I'd contact the owner of the 980 Ti to see if they can test it out for you.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I misunderstood seller, it has been actually used continuously since 2017, when it was bought. I think I will try and bid it, but idk if to return 580 already.

• 5 months ago
  • 0 points

Return it and get a 8gb version of the rx 580.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd love to, but it's considerably more expensive, especially given that 4GB was discounted to the price of RX 570 (which I later discovered is almost the same card as 580).

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Id stay with what you have then.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube