add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How to pick reason to return memory?

mhweb

1 month ago

I've bought memory kit (RAM), and it was working OK at a lower speed for while, but then, I started getting RAM problems, and they're becoming more frequents. So, I'll be returning them, but my question is what's the best return reason to get a refund: defective or incompatible?

Thanks,

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Run memtest and when they fail their defective. I have heard of people also posting a screen shot of the failed results.

You get better results on replacement memory sticking to the name brands that is why It dont recomend brands like OLOY or Team.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Do you mean taking a screenshot to send the company where I bought the RAM? Thanks,

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Whoever is doing the warranty. That is proof it failed.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

What are you running it on since something like memtest can fail on Ryzen even on a perfectly stable system, or return no issues when the system fails under other workloads.

Looking at your saved parts list also shows a 4x8gb kit paired with a 2600 which is another potential issue as both first and second generation don't necessarily play nicely with two DIMM per channel.

If it's an Intel system memtest and run with that answer.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube