add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Anyone recommend any chairs?

NoWards

1 month ago

I keep hearing people talk about a aeron chair & a leap for my height and weight, 6"3 350lbs looking for something that can hold at least up to 390 to be on the safe side. I'm assuming dxracer ,and secretlabs chair suck? $600 budget.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 4 points

Look for an executive office chair instead of a gaming chair.

Gaming chairs are built around looks and useless features for gaming.

Executive chairs are built for people who sit in them all day focused at comfort and bo distractions.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

The only problem is I cant really find any there are some on Amazon's but with crappy reviews.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

If your in the U.S. check out the Serta big and talls at Walmart.

Solid quality and comfortable.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Alright I will, thanks!

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I found this one but theres alot of negative reviews when it comes to bigger people. Serta Big & Tall Office Chair with Memory Foam, Adjustable, Multiple Color Options

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Serta-Big-Tall-Office-Chair-with-Memory-Foam-Adjustable-Multiple-Color-Options/142742056

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

And there are a reviews with bigger people who don't have an issue with it.

The models are often in stock at their stores so you can check out if it fits if there is one nearby.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I’m 6’3” and 310. I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/your-orders/pop/ref=ppx_yo_mob_b_pop?_encoding=UTF8&gen=canonical&lineItemId=kmkhrvlmnqmuqny&orderId=114-6985786-2676205&packageId=1&returnSummaryId=&returnUnitIndices=&shipmentId=DBn5nHTlV

I am extremely happy with it. Inexpensive (relative), sturdy, and comfortable. After 6 months, still pleased.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Link doesn't work, do you have a direct link for the item?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

https://www.amazon.com/High-Back-Executive-Ergonomic-Adjustable-Computer/dp/B07KG5D9TX/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?keywords=big+and+tall+office+chair&qid=1579044524&sprefix=big&sr=8-5

In case link is bad again (I’m on phone posting), it is on amazon. $159. Big and tall 500 lbs. Cheesy pics of under skinny folks. 477 reviews ~ 4 stars.

Hope it works. If not, feel free to DM me. All the best!

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Are you sure it's good i'm getting a bunch of negative reviews for people who are bigger in weight, i don't mind spending $600 or less on a chair, but i didnt know if the secretlab, needforseat, or dx racer chairs are worth it.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Well - I have nothing to gain by recommending it. I’m not on the payroll. It works well for me.

I sat in about 30 different chairs (big & tall). I took a chance on this one ($159 vs $300+ -> wife approved purchase ). I am glad I did.

If you have $600 burning a hole in your pocket, go to whatever stores you have available, sit in several chairs, then buy the one that feels the best and is rated for your weight. I am sure you will find something with your budget.

Lastly - if you are considering a “gaming” chair, be sure to try before buying. All the gaming chairs I sat in were shite(no comfort).

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Damn sadly i can't try before i buy when it comes to gaming chairs, and tbh i don't even know what kind of store i should go to that will sell chairs for my size... I live in Southern California so i have almost everything nearby i just don't know where to start and feel kind of embarassed going to a store to try to find a chair only to not be able to find one.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

If you're in SoCal there will for sure be any number of stores who do office equipment exclusively. Call a few of them until you find one who is willing to sell a single unit, and has someone who knows chairs. This will likely be easier than you think; I bought my chair from a local outfit who advertises the big sales (massive office towers and the like), but they were happy to sell me a chair. (Two, now; my wife just bought one from them.) Their "chair guy" sat me in a couple different chairs, went over to a completely different one, and said "this is your chair". And he was right. That's the sort of place you're looking for.

You'll likely end up either in a quality task chair, or an executive chair, and while you might pay $500 or so, you can expect it to last.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Okay I'll look to see if I can find stores like that, theres one in Tustin that looks promising I might go to that one.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Secretlabs Titan Chair

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I heard it's as hard as concrete.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I just picked up the Omega and honestly its great, the Titan is supposed to be even nicer. The quality is top notch without a doubt. I had the Herman Miller Aeron, and never felt it was all that. Just my two pennies, good luck with your search =)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube