add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Build Ever. Opinions and Feedback Wanted!

hardeNcoded
  • 83 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KrdW

One of my main questions is if the Corsair H60 and the current mobo would be a good match. The main reason why I ask this is because I have purchased all of the parts except for the mobo and the SDD and wanted to see what the best match for the cooler would be. Any other feedback is also great :)

Comments

• 83 months ago
  • 3 points

you need 2 ram for dual channel memory change it to a 2x4GB.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Type Item Price
CPU AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor $189.14 @ Outlet PC
CPU Cooler Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $99.99 @ NCIX US
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard $103.99 @ Newegg
Memory Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $47.98 @ NCIX US
Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk $139.19 @ Amazon
Video Card Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB Video Card $234.99 @ Newegg
Case Cooler Master HAF 922 ATX Mid Tower Case $93.98 @ NCIX US
Case Fan Cooler Master Megaflow 110.0 CFM 200mm Fan $11.93 @ NCIX US
Power Supply Corsair CX 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply $49.99 @ Newegg
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available. $971.18
Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-04-17 23:52 EDT-0400

This is what i would do The single rad All in one coolers aren't very good. They are worst than a good air cooler. The 7870Xt hands down beats the 660.

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the feedback! Your system is awesome, but like I said I already have purchased all the components except for the mobo and SDD. The main reason why I went with the 660 is for the Physx, and my personal experience is Nvidia cards seem to handle 3-D modeling better than AMD cards, which is what I plan to do along with gaming. I do plan on upgrading the cooler in the near future and sticking the H60 in an older system, but I was on a budget and didn't want to sacrifice something else.

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry i didnt finish reading your post... lol and you might want to pick up another 8gb stick of ram for the Dual channel. I am not saying that the 660 is a bad card. I just think the 7870XT is better unless you need physx or cuda but you can us a 7870 with a 650 as a dedicated Physx card.

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I plan on buying another stick of ram in the near future to upgrade to 16 GB. I really only needed 8 right now, and newegg was running a combo with the ram and graphics card together. Thanks for info though!

• 83 months ago
  • 2 points

That should work fine.

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! I have just heard the VRM gets really hot using this mobo with a water cooler. I have seen a lot of people use the mobo so it will probably be fine.

• 82 months ago
  • 2 points

Is there a way to add multi units of an item for without having to pick it out of a list each time for example memory.

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

what you can do is go to the specific parts page which displays all the parts info and then click "add to parts list". It will then take you to your parts list, but if you click back it will take you back to parts info. you can repeat this multiple times, and this is the easiest way to add multiple items. cheers, hoped this helped!

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

Lots of money went on the PSU you must really want those binoculars

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

Haha yeah idk what sort of deal newegg is running now. I actually got this PSU for $80 back in march when newegg was running a killer sale and combo. When I saw the normal price was 150, i just had to get it

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

I was just about to post asking about it, but that sounds like a fantastic deal!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube