add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

2 AIO Coolers

Taziamoma
  • 2 months ago

Hey quick question. Is it a good idea to use two different AIO coolers? For example, I think my case can fit 2-3 radiators. So what if I did this:

GPU: Liquid cool my gpu with this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082DYR131/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER and https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06ZZN9N85/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

and mounted the radiator on the front of the case.

CPU: Used a different or the same AIO kit but for the CPU and mount the radiator on the top. I would be spending about $283 but I wouldn't have to worry about the time and maintenance of running a custom loop.

What y'all think, any suggestions?

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

What are your specs? Often times your better off spending the money elsewhere in your build.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you plan on watercooling for aesthetic or for overclocking performance? You could also invest in a custom loop which can be a bit more work and a tad more expensive but it can have better performance and look a lot better.

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

I would not bother investing into a custom loop if performance is your goal. Considering the cost of all the components including GPU waterblock that is a lot of money to spend for very little performance gain. Ryzens are not the best overclockers and a good AIO or even a high end air cooler will allow you to max out the CPU. As for the GPU a RTX 2070 is not a worthwhile card to liquid cool. Even with a custom loop just for that you won't be able to boost its performance to even match a 2070 super. Only time I would consider a custom loop appropriate is if it was purely for the aesthetics and the buyer is willing to spend that much money for aesthetics.

Buying 2 AIOs will be expensive too but not as much as a custom loop for both CPU and GPU. I would not bother doing that either unless you really want the aesthetics. Keep in mind a Noctua u12a will beat a 240mm AIO in raw performance and noise and only cost ~100 USD. A Mugen 5 cooler costs ~50 USD and delivers performance close to a 240mm AIO and delivers some of the best price to performance as far as coolers go.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Both, custom loop is too expensive for me.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube