add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What do you currently have going right?

PCPPAccountant
  • 1 month ago

A lot of the news and conversation today is dominated by the Covid-19/quarantine subject. During this time when a lot of different things feel like they are going wrong, there is still a lot going well for people. I think it's helpful for everyone to still feel some comfort in realizing things that are going well, things that you are excited about, or have to look forward to in the near future, etc. So what is happening in your life, or will happen in the near future, that is making you feel happy. Whether you share publicly, or just think to yourself, I hope we all think of something that makes our day a little better.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 4 points

I have a lot of time on my hands and my place of work is doing 60% pay while we're out. It feels like I'm in retirement.

• 1 month ago
  • 3 points

Time to look deep into that Steam Library.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Little view of the future lol. Enjoy

• 1 month ago
  • 3 points

Got a new job offer in mid March, and I accepted it. It comes with a big pay increase and a change of scenery after nearly 5 years in the current role. But... due to coronavirus they don't know how to onboard me lol. They assure me the job is still going to be mine but they are just trying to figure out how to do onboarding right now with their offices closed.

Thankfully, I never gave notice at old job, and am still working. My GF is still working too as she was already remote anyways. So that is good. I am getting some extra work from home experience now.

I've also been back to food tracking since Jan and have lost weight, so that is cool too. edit oh yeah and I finally bought a soundbar for the tv. Wow what an improvement my movie and TV experience is now! Just in time for quarantine lol.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

That's great, I've never owned a soundbar, but I've heard they are great. Can't beat that in terms of timing lol. Gotta appreciate the little things.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

I'm fortunate in that my company is fairly widely distributed with a lot of work-from-home remotes (like myself), and the transition to everyone working from home has gone relatively smoothly. So I hope your (new) company gets it worked out sooner rather than later. WFH is definitely a skill, not something that just happens.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

reddit.com/r/audiophile would like to speak with you.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

I knowww. They can **** off lol. I mean I did theatre projection for years so I get it. I've never been an audiophile though, and also no interest in setting up a full surround setup in my apartment. My frugality wins out over my desire for upgrading things 9 times out of 10.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Just starting to get into audiophile **** myself. Swapped my Arctis 5s for Philips SHP9500. All I can say is now I understand the hype behind open back. Unfortunately I can hear everything in the real world and the real world can hear all of my game because of the sound leaking. Still worth it though.

• 1 month ago
  • 3 points

I'm playing a lot of games on Steam and really enjoying myself. I've also finally had time to finish the Thrawn trilogy books. So it's been pretty good really.

• 1 month ago
  • 3 points

Came to share some Timothy Zahn appreciation! I'm rereading some of his novels right now, while I cycle back through my 60 or so Star Wars novels. His are, and always will be the best. I'd definitely recommend the newer Thrawn novels that have since released, they're even more captivating than the original trilogy.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Ah yes the good old days, 11 days ago, when I was still having fun. Now I'm just bored to death. When the plague ends I'll probably read the Jedi Academy trilogy (which I've heard mixed reviews of but doesn't sound very good tbh) and work my way toward the Thrawn duology. After that, if I'm enjoying it I might keep going but probably not tbh since I've heard some of the books aren't that good...

Then I'll probably read some of the more recent Thrawn books. Then I want to read Plagueis and the Darth Bane Trilogy as I've heard those are good.

Some time I might go through a crap ton of Star Wars stuff all in canonical order, first Kotor, then the Darth Bane Trilogy, Episode 1, Plagueis, Episode II, TCW, Episode III, and so on all the way through at least the Thrawn Trilogy (not the Disney trilogy, which is what inspired me to read the true sequel trilogy).

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I'd recommend any Zahn novel, and the Bane trilogy is amazing so I can wholeheartedly recommend it as well. Plageuis is pretty good, too. Probably one of Luceno's top 3 Star Wars novels.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Awesome, I got a bunch of new games recently, but kinda going thru a video games burnout. It happens form time to time, I won't play for a few weeks, and then I'm back at it again. Makes it feel fresh and fun, so I'll grab another hobby for a short time.

• 1 month ago
  • 3 points

Well my phone is messed up. You would think that it was a bad thing but I was planning on getting a new phone in June so its only a couple of months early and I still get to trade it for normal value towards a S20. So I will have a new phone, I just have to deal with a non functioning one until the 9th assuming the shipping information is correct.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

That's pretty sweet, I've had the same one for like 3 years. I'm about due for one, but hate spending the money on something if mine still works.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

My oldest is due to start College in the fall. He's been accepted to Pitt but is still waiting to hear back from CMU. Either way he's going to be commuting to Oakland so we'll get to see him still.

Hobie

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

That's awesome, congrats to him! I have a buddy going to med school at Pitt for immunizations and infectious diseases. Loves it, the city seems like a lot of fun up there. Best of luck to him!

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

That's good. I wish him well.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Well me and my wife are lucky. We are both still working, both classified as essential services. So with that, not spending money going out, and the extra we should be getting from the stimulus bill it looks right now that we may come out of this ahead of the game.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

That's great, yea my wife and I are still looking like we will keep our jobs, at least for now. The extra stimulus money will be a nice thing to have, but I bet lots of people will just add it to the bank and won't necessarily help the economy much. I'm not an economist though, so who knows : ). I'm fine with getting some of my money back lol.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

We are not planning to spend it. Just sit on it until this things passes. Then it's going to get used to kill the last bit of my wife's student loans.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

That's a great idea. Come to think of it I have a little more to pay off. Might not be a bad idea for me as well!

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Working on a LEGO stop-motion video for my channel after over a month of not being able to make anything due to moving.

Also been working on stuff to prepare for college.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

That's great, what is your channel for the stop-motion vid? Those things fascinate me.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC147e5yizStGV9-EdMGCVZA

I have only made one decent stop-motion so far, and am working on a second(the most recent video is s brief preview of the next one).

Enjoy the low quality productions.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Lol it ain't much but it's honest work : )

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

A fairly accurate description.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

I've been playing the stock market and it's been going pretty well. Things are crazy volatile right now.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I bought shares in Delta and Southwest Airlines a few weeks ago. Once this whole Corona thing dies down I expect I'll make a nice little profit.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Yea I think it is going to drop at some point soon, but I have no idea. The stock market is one big calculated risk...

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

as for now, i am healthy and still have a job, with the uncertainty in the country, i must say that is doing pretty good.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

That's all we can really ask for right now : )

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

my stripmine in Minecraft is banging

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I need to jump back on minecraft again, haven't been on in ages.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Hey, you want to make a Minecraft server and play together?

I know how to make a Minecraft Server for free

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

id love to, hit me up when you decide to make it

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

This thread was a nice read, hope I can keep it alive a bit longer.

Before the "thing" hit, I quit my full-time job to pursue my Networking+ and A+ certifications, banking on support from family while I get through the 4 month crash-course.

I've recently rebuilt my PC and refund my passion for tech and specifically PC hardware.

I have a great support system around me, and am very lucky to be in the program that I am, as they made the move to fully remote training during this current event which has been an interesting experience so far, things are looking up in my future!

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

That's great, that was the purpose for it. Best of luck in your future endeavors : )

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Unrealistic topic, smh /s

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I've been working from home so that's about it along with attending my online classes.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Idk about you, but working from home has been great. Far less distraction and I feel like I can get some much more done.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I'll have to agree with you on that one. I can get a lot more done at home versus the work place.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

It will be interesting to see how many employers can be convinced to continue with at least partial work from home after this is all over. (whatever that might mean!)

I've worked from home for close to 20 years now and I've always told people that my company probably gets 1.5x more work out of me than if I had to drive to some office every day. And, I love doing it. It's not necessarily for everyone, and not having small children helps a lot, but it really is productive.

At the very least we'll sort out the managers who want to lead and get stuff done, from the managers who are insecure / on a power trip / need to prove that they have to have eyes on everyone. Crappy managers, like lazy employees and the poor, will always be with us; but at least we can show the teachable ones (managers) that there's more than one way to do it!

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

new blackout curtains = sleep

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Lol nice, that commute time has definitely been changed to sleep time for me.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Nothing

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I've mainly been sitting at home since work closed. I did however get lucky with work though. We have a bunch of people who work off of grants or whatever, and they are working from home, and still going to their office on occasion. So because of that, i've also been classed as working from home since i'm the IT guy.

Not much has happened though, i've had to do some work related things here and there, but the people are doing mostly fine and haven't had many tech issues. So i'm getting full pay without doing much work. Well, up untill like next week lol. For some reason we had to order 15 laptops, so those will need to be set up for people.

Other than that, i've gotten into playing Apex on the xbox, and i ordered myself a decent little gaming laptop

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I am still working, but 100% from home... I have grown a beard, and still hopeing to close on a house next week.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

nice!

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Another "going right" for me: wife's neck fracture is healing well. (Dens on C2 vertebra, successfully pinned by surgery, no spinal cord involvement by some miracle.)

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Oh wow that is crazy! How did that happen?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

She fell getting out of bed, really freak accident. It happened the day I was coming home from the UK. Just to make the day more memorable, on final landing approach the pilot did a last-minute go around because of wind shear, and as the plane was pulling up we got hit by lightning. The go-around isn't that unusual but that's the first time I've been in a plane hit by lightning.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I am currently building and selling 3 foot raised garden boxes because its about that time of year and it gives people something to do. I love wood working. If anyone has any ideas on what i can sell in the summer please tell me.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 1 month ago
  • 5 points

Zooming through them?

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Same I go thru spells of them where they are never ending, then nothing for like 3 days. I feel loads more productive though in that down time.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube