add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

is razer really bad?

Nerdy
  • 72 months ago

hi guys

i am about to buy the razer deathadder but i heard that razer is crap brand. what are your thoughts is razer bad, i should go and buy another mice(suggest a mice that is that can fit a girl had and it is ergonomic) or i should go a head and buy razer deathadder.

thanks for reading bye

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 4 points

Most of the bad things you hear about Razer is just flat out misinformation.

The bad things you hear can and do happen with pretty much any peripheral company. If the mouse meets your aesthetic/budget/functionality criteria then go for it.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

the deathadder is by far not a bad mouse. Razer is known for producing cheap-feeling peripherals but they're generally pretty O-K. I say O-K because there are always other, better alternatives (sometimes for equal or higher prices, of course). For a simple mouse, the deathadder will do fine. So will a Logitech G400/500. It's mainly up to you at this point. Use the deathadder as a base point and look at other potential mice that you like and has all the functions you need (ie unlockable scroll wheel, macro buttons, wired/wireless, etc.)

Some other mice to consider (I'll keep them under $50 since that's the "average" price of a deathadder [note the price may not say $50 but they're on sale frequent enough to consider them at that price]):

Corsair M65 - http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-Performance-Gunmetal-CH-9000022-NA/dp/B00ARD5410/ref=zg_bs_402052011_5 (I'm not sure but I think the the M45 is a smaller version)

Steelseries Sensei - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0V7-001N-00004&cm_re=sensei-_-0V7-001N-00004-_-Product (there are multiple color schemes, just look around)

Logitech G400s - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104838&cm_re=g400-_-26-104-838-_-Product

Logitech G500s - http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Gaming-Adjustable-Weight-Tuning/dp/B00CJD4HD2/ref=zg_bs_402052011_8

Steelseries Rival - http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Rival-Optical-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B00G6IJ5QK/ref=zg_bs_402052011_19

If one of these mice caught your attention, look around for a deal or find the site it's the cheapest at and go for it! Remember, these are just basic ones from "mainstream" companies, there are plenty of lesser-known companies making mice that are very very nice as well. Let me know what you end up getting and I hope it suits you.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks dude i will try theese mice out

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

M65 is practically the same as a M45 except it has a full aluminum base(making it slightly heavier) and has a sniper button.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks for the clarification. It might be the M95 that I was thinking about

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Razer deathadder is a good mouse and i believe its razers most popular one too. Razer is not a crap brand but they do have some products that are a bit overpriced compared to what you get.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

All my peripherals are razer:

Headset: Razer Megalodon
Mouse: Razer Imperator
Keyboard: Razer Lycosa

I have had absolutely no bad experiences with any of them apart from a Razer Copperhead mouse which I had that died (although it was after 6 years of service, so it's a null point haha)

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

The only issue I had with a deathadder is that the cord eventually pulled loose in the mouse and would have a skittish USB connection as a result... It took a year of angry use to do that lol.

I replaced it with the steelseries diablo 3 mouse. The reason is (just like the sensei), it has a double wrapped cable that's more solidly in place and otherwise is almost identical shape wise to the deathadder (except it adds 2 more thumb buttons on the opposite side and weighs a tiny bit more)

Both mice are phenomenal feel and performance in fps games though.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I've had a DeathAdder for 5 years. I love it. I haven't had another gaming mouse, though. The upper side mouse button (the one closest to the monitor/mouse cable) is a little hard to hit but I have very short thumbs and hold my mouse low.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I've got the DeathAdder (Left Edition woohoo) mostly because I liked the feel. It's going two years strong now, as well as my BlackWidow Ultimate. The keyboard has yet to have an issue, but the mouse wheel is very skippy... The drivers aren't the best, but the DeathAdder is amazing (minus the scroll wheel). The keyboard has Cherry MX Blues, which you may not enjoy, but I happen to love. Yes, they're very clicky, but that's what I love about it. For gaming I'd maybe recommend something else, since you have to raise the key before tapping it again. Yes, the build quality isn't the best on the keyboard (compared to Corsair one's I've tried, aluminum :D), I got my keyboard on sale.

DeathAdder is a great mice dude, I recommend it greatly, but first go to your local store and compare the feel of the different mice...

BigApple

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

i have one and love it, left handed version the only thing i hate is synapses which is not bad just each update i have to restart computer and if i dont feels like my mouse speed goes up

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I absoluetly love my deathadder. I have had a few Razer products in the past, and NONE have let me down. I orginally started off with a Naga last year when I was into MMO such as WoW, and it was absolutely amazing, no complaints.

I am currently using a deathadder, and it has been extremely good to me, and my occasional rage clicks. It's a very simple mouse, not the best for MMO's since you can obviously get another mouse with more buttons for macros etc. All in all, get the deathadder, you won't be disappointed.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

i own a razer deathadder 2013,blackwidow ultimate 2014, and razer goliathus mouse pad and they all are well built and sturdy. the death adder is very comfortable and is excellent for fps games. razer is and over all a good company who make great products but i think its the people who get the one bad or defective product out of a million who want to make sure they hate on razer because they got 1 bad product and were too lazy to to return the product for another 1. over all razer is a good company and would defionatly reccomend the razer deathadder.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

The main issue people have with Razer is their customer support. God forbid your keyboard/mouse or other hardware become faulty within the warranty period, because they are notorious for giving customers the run around, ignoring/not responding to emails, a manager is never available when you ask the speak to one, making you pay for shipping to send them something.

I just got the Blackwidow Chroma Tournament Edition since my K65 failed and Corsair said I was on my own for shipping (among other issues), and I am considering exchanging it and paying the extra $40 for the full size keyboard since some of them have a problem with the detachable cable. But then I thought if anything happens to it then I would be out even more money since they seem to be 50/50 on whether the hardware will last a year.

Case in point, my Naga from 2012 is still working, but my Deathstalker keyboard had an issue with the V key sticking, hence me trying the K65 and then the Chroma TE. You milage will vary with Razer, and very GREATLY. If you're persistent and have some time on your hands, you might be able to get them the replace the item if it fails. I see this post is almost a year old, so if you bought it good luck, hope it lasts a while!

• 72 months ago
  • 0 points
  • 46 months ago
  • 0 points

I have been running PC arcades (internet cafes) for the last 15 years now. And last year we changed all our keyboards, mice and headsets to Razer. And the build quality and warranty for these have been the worst I have ever experienced . It has been just over a year now and all the headphones and nearly all the mice have had to be replaced, as they have all physically broken. The keyboards are the only thing that seems to be kinda still be ok. Razer Australia refuses to replace broken items but when that is what the main problem what is the use? Yes we are a public server and items get abused a bit more, but less than a year?! months in many cases. Like i said its the worse products and service i've ever experienced. Take it from my 20+ years of gaming and 15 years of pro gaming. For the price look else where, anywhere but Razer.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

25 months ago

Why are you necro bumping these totally dead threads?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube