add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
ManyRelish
  • 72 months ago

A little while ago I came to the forums asking for help putting together an $800 gaming PC (no monitor, no keyboard, no mouse, just the tower). This was the list that was suggested to me (thank you so much!), but since I didn't have the money to build it immediately I saved the list and kept an eye on it ever since.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/ManyRelish/saved/JqYNnQ

I realized that I'll need a wireless internet adapter if I want to use this computer in my room. I'm not sure what I can skimp out on to keep this computer under budget.

I do a lot of multitasking, though for the most part this PC is for gaming. Thanks for the help!

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
Memory A-Data XPG V2 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory $69.30 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair CX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $69.99 @ Newegg
Wireless Network Adapter Rosewill RNX-N250PCe 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter $18.99 @ Newegg
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $158.28

something like this, not skimping just changing parts

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point
  • WiFi adapters are totally hit and miss. Even expensive brand/model can be a dud with some wireless routers due to some incompatibilty or such. And no wireless adapter will help if surrounding environment between adapter and router is terrible. With that said, two of the most popular wireless adapters listed at newegg is priced at $13.99 w/ free shipping and $15.99 w/ free shipping.
  • Those with suitable electrical wiring in their homes, there is the option of powerline ethernet. SmallNetBuilder

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube