add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Opinions wanted on gaming rig.

Treeslump
  • 82 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WyxK I was thinking about adding more RAM/storage.

Also, I have no experience building a pc, anyone have a video link of a how to put together a rig?

Comments

• 82 months ago
  • 0 points

You can get much more for your money my friend. I'll just list everything I put in my list and explain why. Also, check this video as a how to guide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4Js2A1qdB8

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Type Item Price
CPU AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor $189.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $105.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard $129.99 @ NCIX US
Memory Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $66.99 @ Amazon
Storage A-Data XPG SX900 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk $199.99 @ Newegg
Video Card HIS Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card (2-Way CrossFire) $399.99 @ Amazon
Video Card HIS Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card (2-Way CrossFire) $399.99 @ Amazon
Wireless Network Adapter TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter $32.99 @ NCIX US
Case NZXT Phantom 410 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $84.52 @ Amazon
Power Supply XFX ProSeries 1050W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply $139.99 @ NCIX US
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer $16.99 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) $89.94 @ Outlet PC
Monitor Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor $266.99 @ Amazon
Monitor Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor $266.99 @ Amazon
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K60 Wired Gaming Keyboard $93.99 @ NCIX US
Mouse Razer DeathAdder Wired Optical Mouse $39.99 @ NCIX US
Speakers Logitech Z313 25W 2.1ch Speakers $39.99 @ Amazon
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available. $2565.31
Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-05-11 15:20 EDT-0400

Let me know of any concerns you have and if I can be of assistance in any way.

• 82 months ago
  • 0 points

What are you going to use the rig for?

• 82 months ago
  • 0 points

Hi there Treeslump - Please for the love of god don't waste money on AData or Sandisk bargain junk. It might perform well but it by no means is a "quality" components.

I totally understand how overwhelming it can be to be a first time builder and try and choose the best parts as well as find the best prices without sacrificing performance or quality.

Getting advice from people on forums such as this can be a shot in the dark. You have no clue how much experience, real hands on experience, any of the people giving advice really have. It seems very risky to me to drop $2,000+ on a list of parts suggested by someone without credentials.

I am a computer parts and build consultant and would be happy to help. I provide a professional service and can give you the needed information, videos, and guidance for your first build so you can have the most confidence while handling your expensive equipment.

First off if someone is giving advice on a computer build without asking any questions bout usage, demand needs and budget restraints DO NOT Take it. To be able to determine if I could help you I'd need the following questions answered:

1. What do you plan on doing specifically with this computer?
  2. if you plan on gaming which games specifically do you plan on playing the most? Prioritize the games in order of most important.
  3. if for doing things other than gaming which programs do you plan on using?
  4. What types of upgrades would you like to leave available for the future?
  5. Have you considered the new INTEL Haswell CHIP and Z87 Motherboards that will be announced June 3?

There are a few other questions that would need answering to further determine the amount of help you may require. If I don't respond quickly here please feel free to contact me on my website: http://www.IamApropos.com I'd encourage you to browse my builds section and the following before contacting me. my facebook: http://www.IamApropos.com my youtube: http://www.Youtube.com/IamApropos

My computer build videos aren't specifically build guides but I know they could really help new builders get a feel. Also the teksyndicate video that was linked in another reply is decent as well is the 3 part video guide that newegg has.

Building your first computer is quite a significant processes and at the budget you are working with would be something I'd want a professionals help with. The quickest and easiest way to contact me would be via my website contact tab or Skype: IamApropos

Thank you for your time and I am truly excited about this computer build for you.

Paul - IamApropos Computer parts and build consultant

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube