add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My VERY FIRST Gaming Build, Need part advice.

8BitTodd
  • 84 months ago

Hello! This is my very first gaming build and I am walking into this rather blind and I need some help. My Budget is $1500. I would like advice mainly on these points: 1. How balanced/unbalanced is each part to the rest of the build. 2. If a different part would work better then the part on the list, please suggest it. (I can't replace already purchased parts, so don't bother suggesting swapping out those) 3. I also want this build to be robust and last, so try to stick with Name Brand parts, but if you really think a part is a great add but it isn't Name Brand, feel free to suggest it. 4. Give any Pro tips for building a PC, it's all welcome! :)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-3450 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor $188.99 @ NCIX US
CPU Cooler Noctua NH-C12P SE14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler $74.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V PRO ATX LGA1155 Motherboard $197.94 @ Amazon
Memory A-Data Premier Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory $63.99 @ Newegg
Storage A-Data S599 40GB 2.5" Solid State Disk Purchased
Video Card Zotac GeForce GTX 650 2GB Video Card $139.99 @ Amazon
Sound Card Asus Xonar DG 24-bit 96 KHz Sound Card $28.99 @ NCIX US
Case Cooler Master Storm Enforcer ATX Mid Tower Case $63.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply Antec Basiq Plus 550W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply $69.54 @ Outlet PC
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer Purchased
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) $89.94 @ Outlet PC
Monitor Samsung S23B300B 60Hz 23.0" Monitor $139.99 @ Newegg
Keyboard ROCCAT Arvo Wired Gaming Keyboard $45.99 @ NCIX US
Mouse Razer DeathAdder Wired Optical Mouse $39.99 @ NCIX US
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available. $1144.33
Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-05-12 22:46 EDT-0400

Comments

• 84 months ago
  • 2 points

You would be better off with the i5 3570k since it's best for gaming and if your going with AMD the best on their side is the fx 8350. If your not going to do heavy overclocking I recommend the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. You can even go with a motherboard a little bit cheaper like the 130-160 price range. For memory, you should not get A-Data, instead you should get Corsair http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-memory-cmz8gx3m2a1600c9b Add a HDD like a 1 tb WD Caviar blue. http://pcpartpicker.com/part/western-digital-internal-hard-drive-wd10ezex For the Video card, you can get a gtx 670 I have put some parts into a list so you can take some ideas from me. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WXbI I didn't put your peripherals in that tho

• 83 months ago
  • 3 points

I wouldn't reccomend a caviar blue, go with a Seagate barracuda, I'd trust it more than a caviar blue

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow, thanks for the awesome help dude!

• 83 months ago
  • 2 points

If you need anymore help, you can always leave another message here.

• 83 months ago
  • 2 points

Can you help me? Sorry to stalk you, but I am the post before this way. Also, really sorry Todd for intruding in your thread, but Circfreak seemed like he would be able to help a lot on managing budget and I could not resist.

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't mind at all man, were all in the same boat here. :)

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! Your awesome. Just one more thing, Do you think you could put together a build for me in the budget I suggested and the parts that I have already purchased and a case that's maybe not as flashy? I would really appreciate it. :) PS, Why should I stay away from ADATA parts?

• 83 months ago
  • 2 points

A-data and other companies are not reliable if your going with a nice build that will last you a while, and you want me to put all the parts together with a cheaper case? I will try my best.

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

The price is fine, it's just that I would like to have a complete build plan instead of having to stitch two together. :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube