add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Attempt At a Build

TripleX223

82 months ago

So I think I'm going to bite the bullet and build my first computer. My plan is to spend under 1,200 to build this and possibly buy a few upgrades come Black Friday. Here's what I picked out, anyone have any tips/advice?

pcpartpicker

Comments

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

You will need some changes like use an i5 3570k instead and use a cooler master hyper 212 EVO cpu cooler and get rid of the thermal paste because the Cpu cooler will come with thermal paste. That ASRock motherboard is poorly build and I don't recommend it at all. Get a Gigabyte or Asus board for the same price but they will have a much better build quality. You won't need 3tb of storage unless your planning on storing ALOT of stuff on your computer and I mean ALOT. The Power supply is also made by a un-reliable company instead you should use a PSU by a company by Seasonic or Corsair but don't go over 650w with the PSU. Other than that, have fun building!

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, so I'm going to drop the hard drive to 1.0 TB or 1.5 TB and going to make the change to the motherboard and powersupply.

Should I take the money that was being used here and dump it into a better GPU like a 660TI?

If you know of a better card, please suggest!

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

So I was looking at your profile and your build seems much better and cheaper. If you don't mind I think I'm going to just use yours and do some researching on it.

Is it finished and if not, what will you change?

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't know what I'm all going to change but I know for sure the GPU. I think I'm going with the 670.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube