add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Razer synapse problems

Talsek
  • 71 months ago

I purchased a second hand black widow a while ago and have had problems with synapse frequently ever since.

Various keys(enter,shift would appear to be stuck or clicking an app would only cause its properties to open after synapse glitches.Iv given it multiple tries after "bug patches" but there has really been no improvement. Its the original model so my guess is support for this is getting neglected. Anyone know where i can find a older version of synapse for download or a solution to this problem? I wouldnt even be using this if it wasnt for setting macros.

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Synapse is probably my least favourite thing about Razer. IMO it is bloatware and does absolutely nothing for my Ouroboros.

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

synapse is just so handy like making me switch constantly back to left hand edition of my death-adder because remembering the first time i told it to would be to damn hard for razer

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Or, not raising the DPI to the max, making the cursor move near the speed of light anytime I wake the computer from sleep.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

iv heard 1.0 was actually less glitchy.

know where i can find the download?

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Unfortunately no, I gave up on synapse about a month after I got my Ouroboros

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

my fav thing about it is when i update it my cursor speed goes faster til i reset it

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Razerzone.com

Are you sure it's not just a crap keyboard? It was sold for a reason... Or a factory second or counterfeit unit (very popular for razer products... You can find them easily in China and can also get them from eBay or aliexpress.com)

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Im pretty sure,its got signs of wear on the keys and all the keys have blue switches,something i doubt will be in a counterfeit unit.

Keyboard is pretty hefty and feels real enough. It was the definite fading on wasd keys that convinced me when buying that it was legitimately second hand and not counterfeit. The website only contains 2.0,what im having troubles with right now.

According to the seller its being used for 2 years and has had alot of bf3 played on it so the fading matches up with that.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

You would be surprised lol, I've seen some of them that are made to exact spec, but the software is not right... They can't seem to bs that part...

Have you been able to at least get synapse to recognize it correctly in its interface?

Contact razer support and see if there is updated firmware for it possibly. Might also be a bad USB cable. That happens now and then. It gets a bit loose where it connects inside the case if it is pulled on too much.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

No trouble recognizing it.

It doesnt happen all of the time,usually only after macro use followed by something like alt-tab/locking windows .

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Strange. That does seem like a software issue... Can you use it without synapse and do your macros manually? I'm not sure if they work without synapse since I rarely use macros, but there is a method to program them using just the board and not the software (you won't be able to use multiple profiles that way though)

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Definitely contact razer support though. This may be a small issue that's obvious to them and not us

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

they dont work,my understanding is that you can record them on the fly but they are stored via synapse.

plenty of people have reported this,its definitely obviously to use.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-performance/problem-solved-razer-synapse-20-software-was-cause/4e2534c9-9aeb-4a8b-97ea-0b370350d4d5

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/razerzone/discussions/0/864960354164529837/

[comment deleted]
  • 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Did you read what I said? I never recommended counterfeit gear, I said he might have bought some without knowing and that's why he is having problems.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

It was also the only post that had anything to do with helping the person who had a problem with synapse.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I misread last night. Sorry for the confusion.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

It's cool. I figured you probably skimmed it fast

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube