add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

All the parts are ordered finally, what do you guys do while waiting?

fertileturtle88
  • 68 months ago

I just clicked the order button, rather than discussing my purchases... what do you guys do when waiting for parts? Do you have any superstitions or traditions? (Ie: praise Gaben, worship your brand to hope for the best overclock, be a fanboy for a day, idk I'm just thinking of random stuff) You guys must be doing something when being so anxious because this is unbearable.

Comments

• 68 months ago
  • 3 points

Track the packages more often than a nun prays during Lent.

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

XD I knew it was a good idea to get the package tracking.

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

I know it doesn't make the package acttually get here faster, but my brain thinks it does

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

or you get to rage at how the package made it to your town at 8am and it takes them 3 days to get it to your door.

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

On my first build I sat down and wrote out step by step exactly what I'd be doing. Everything from unboxing to where I'd put the empty bags and boxes. When I was finished I knew exactly how many bowls I wanted to store screws in, where all my parts and parts boxes would go, and what order I would do everything.

I also thought about all the drivers, monitoring software, and stability test software I would want to use then downloaded the install files onto a flash drive so that I wouldn't have to wait for downloads on build day.

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

That is very clever, sadly I don't have any flash drives or spare disks around. I will list everything out and do many of the other things you described.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube