add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How do I install my motherboard driver without an optical drive?

dowen1
  • 67 months ago

Please answer.

(I'm thinking USB but how…do I transfer the files into a USB….but then what -_-) I have Windows 8.

My motherboard is http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-gah87md3h

Comments

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

could just plug a optical drive in to install the needed drives but could also download from another computer to the usb that way

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

At a guess Windows will have already installed a Network Card driver. Assuming that then just head over to the Gigabyte Support & Downloads page, download the drivers required and usually it is a case of running the .EXE If it is a zip file then it is probably not got an installer so extract to a folder and then point the device in device manager to that folder, if the drivers are right it'll install. These options are likely to get you more up to date drivers than you'll find on the CD/DVD.

If you have a USB optical drive as multi-iostream suggested you could use that and the CD.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube