add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Something is going horribly wrong with my pC

friedfacekkk

61 months ago

I opened it up to add some extra RAM, and I had to move a few extra wires. Now when I boot it up I get endless beeping and it always reboots but never actually shows anything.

What's happeneing? I need help.

My build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/hgnnTW

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

you probably just didn't seat the ram correctly or the ram is no good. Or you unplugged a cable. Try the ram in another computer or try the old ram and if it works theres your answer. Hope this helps

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

So I did some research and read this up. I'm getting endless short beeps. Might just be the RAM that's not installed properly.

Link: http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/faq-page.aspx?fid=816

Edit: I might have fried something back there during my bootup. I don't know. I'll have to take a look.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Was the extra ram you installed the same that you already have?

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep. I removed the RAM and now it works fine. The problem is now I can't install it correctly because my giant-donkey GPU kind of prevents me from doing that.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

It seems some other people are having this problem too. That is weird. I saw it on a review in Newegg.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube