add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair vs EVGA

MaskedMonster21

61 months ago

As the title suggests, I am in a PSU predicament. My question is, who makes the best 80+Gold rated 850 watt power supply? Thanks for the advice!

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 4 points

EVGA G2. It's by far the better of the two if you compare prices. The AX series is really expensive and the HX series almost the same. Corsair has been selling on its name for a while now. EVGA has got a winner with the G2 series.

• 61 months ago
  • 4 points

The evga supernova g2 gold is about even performance to an HX from corsair. Anything below that (cx, cxm, builder, etc...) is not worth bothering. If cost is considered, the evga will win every time as the good corsair models are pretty expensive.

• 61 months ago
  • 4 points

According to JohnnyGuru, the best PSU reviewer on the internet, the EVGA model is better (but not by much). Both choices are very solid. I have an RM650 and love it, I'm sure the 850W model is just as great.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

as a matter of fact no...all RM series (good ones) are made by CWT except the 750 and 850 watts RM which are made by Chicony Power Technology (not so good). The ones made by CWT are tier 2 and the 750 and 850 are tier 3....

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Does your conclusion also apply on the budget end to the compare power supplies: EVGA 500W 80PLUS Certified ATX12V/EPS12V Power Supply 100-W1-0500-KR --- and the Corsair CX Series 430 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Bronze ATX12V/EPS12V 384 Power Supply CX430M? The difference in wattage is not an issue for this build, however, the modular approach of Corsair CX and it's 80 Plus Bronze rating/status are deal breakers. Summer conditions will demand air/fan cooling solutions that are cool. Water cooling is not an option. The case is going to be the cheapest, highest quality a struggling student can afford. But that said I need parts that have quality. This will be my first build outside the refurb market, and although I watch forums and user reviews on the parts I wish to buy closely, I'm remain concerned. My builds must have top quality available at a low price point.

Thx for your input.

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

EVGA if you are asking about the G2 850w.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for all the input! This will be powering a decently expensive system, and I wish to only buy these parts once. The feedback is invaluable, if you guys find anything else be sure to let me know :)

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, I think it's been decided. After checking out JohhnyGURU.com I have decided to go with the EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850w power supply. With the cons section being empty, there is no argument left. Thanks again for all the input, every bit helps :)

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

yep the G2 is a great psu made by superflower

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

EVGA. More output power on the 12V rail, in other words, will actually output as specified. For instance, the Corsair CX430 only continuously outputs 384W, where as this EVGA (http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-100w10500kr) for the same price, outputs 480 watts. Go with EVGA unless you need the best of the best, if you do, go with SeaSonic.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

toms hardware = respect B)

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

EVGA 10year warranty on GOLD PLUS PSUs

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube