add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help with $1200 gaming pc build.

Nicz
  • 67 months ago

This is the first time I tried this so I'm not sure if every part I picked will be compatible with other part on this build. My budget is around $1200 it can go over that budget but try to make it as close to it. I like Asus motherboard and I like the NZXT Phantom case. At the time I made this topic the Core i7-4790k is about $40 cheaper than 4770k that's why I chose it over the other. Also give me any suggestion to save money or any part that would be better than the ones in my build.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PL7KkL

Comments

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Get a Z97 motherboard. Do you really need an i7 for a gaming rig, i5 is as good for almost all games?

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah the i7 is a bit overkill and the board is as well. I would skim off some fat and save the cash for another GPU in the future.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BjKfD3

something like that will save you a lot and you can then save up and run the 970 in SLI for some really sick performance. and gives you plenty of wattage to do so along with overclocking.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

This is a great build, thanks but is there a cheap Asus ROG Motherboard that's about the same price as the Z87 Pro?

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

not really in the price range the VI Hero is the cheapest you will find.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Ahh..ok. Thanks for the build, this will save me money for the monitor and stuff.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube