add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
piemancoder

60 months ago

I originally was planning on getting a 760, but when the 970s came out, I wanted to get one of those (naturally). Which one should I get? Games I would be playing are:

Portal, Portal 2, Half-Life (probably), Half-Life 2 (probably), Assassin's Creed series !, TF2, Bioshock Infinite !, Battlefield 4 !, racing games

!= maybe not completely sure

(parents are strict about M rated, but might let me play some)

Comments

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

Can you hold on 'til the 960 comes out, should be Q1 2015? If you can easily afford the 970 though, why not? Even without the higher framerates uses 25 watts less than a 760 and the 4GB VRAM is getting to be more and more useful these days.

• 60 months ago
  • 0 points

Oh yeah, I can definitely wait. I'm typing this from a Macbook from late 2008. You know, with a core 2 duo clocked at 2 ghz and the GeForce 9400m with 256 gb of ram for the card. But I still have to save up so by the time I do, It will have came out, so I'm willing to wait.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

tech will always advance, u wont ever (EVEEEER) catch up to it. just set a goal with cash then the day u get it all, to and buy ;)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube