* PCPartPicker may receive compensation for purchases made at participating retailers linked on this site. This compensation does not affect what products or prices are displayed, or the order of prices listed. Learn more here.
- Easy Application
- Optimal Thermal Conductivity
- Low Thermal Resistance
- Non-Electrical Conductive
- No Curing
- No Bleeding
- Thermal Conductivity (W/mk): 8.5
- Viscosity (poise): 870
- Density (g/cm3): 2.5
- Net Weight: 4g
- The ARCTIC MX-4 is a premium-grade thermal paste with exceptional performance and ease of application. It is an electrically non-conductive paste that is applied between CPU/GPU and designated coolers to transfer the dissipated heat from the components to the heat sink. Since the ARCTIC MX-4 is a metal-free compound, it eliminates the risks of causing short circuit and in turn adding more protection to your computer.
- The new formula in the ARCTIC MX-4 features optimal thermal conductivity and low thermal resistance. These characteristics effectively dissipate the emitted heat from the core components.
- The consistency of the ARCTIC MX-4 is designed for simple application. Its texture is just thin enough to spread onto components using fingers without creating much mess.
- 205 points
- 16 months ago
from completed build The Joker - Revamped Part2
Simple but effective.
- 128 points
- 40 months ago
from completed build The Joker - First Ever build
cant knock this product. Cant really praise it either. Works as it should.
- 37 points
- 26 months ago
from completed build The 4K 4K Build
Easy to apply and have a lot left for future use.
- 30 points
- 31 months ago
from completed build Project ALPHA - My First Build
My CPU hasn't died yet, so I think it's good enough
- 29 points
- 21 months ago
from completed build Ryzen X Gon' Give It To Ya
This is the best non-electrically conductive, ambient temp paste on the market for many years now. It's guaranteed by the manufacturer to not require reapplying for 8 years, and I've seen anecdotal results of people finding it still hasn't dried up after more than 8 years. Track record matters with paste.
It also comes in larger quantities, so if you're building a lot of systems you can get a lot of it and save some money. MX2 is just as good and has even larger tubes available. See my photos for the best way to apply paste on a Ryzen CPU, you want it that way due to how the cores are oriented under the heatspreader and to prevent air bubbles.
- 28 points
- 45 months ago
from completed build FS2015 Build - First Time Builder
Well....It thermal paste....and my CPU not blowing up....so...5 stars
- 28 points
- 5 months ago
from completed build Value build, no flashy, no rgb.
I just bought it in case I had any trouble with the cooler installation. Used it to replace the paste on my older pc.
- 26 points
- 27 months ago
from completed build Black Box II
I can't really do any side-by-side comparisons of thermal paste myself, but this stuff is at the top of a lot of shootouts. At this price, can't complain.
- 24 points
- 45 months ago
from completed build Relatively Mean Xeon Machine
Compound: MX4 has been shown to outperform Arctic Silver and I really didn't want the abrasive factor of IC Diamond. I probably put a little too much thought into choosing a thermal compound but with temps not exceeding low 40's I'm happy. Although, one thing I have heard is that MX4 may not age so well, which I'll have to keep an eye out for.