* PCPartPicker may receive compensation for purchases made at participating retailers linked on this site. This compensation does not affect what products or prices are displayed, or the order of prices listed. Learn more here.
Support 64/128 bit WEP, WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK, 802.1x
- Supports 802.11ac standard- The next generation of Wi-Fi
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port—Up to 10x faster than USB 2.0
- Dual Band connections for lag-free HD video streaming and gaming
- Maximum speed up to 5GHz 867Mbps or 2.4GHz 300Mbps
- Backward compatible with 802.11 a/b/g/n products
- Supports ad-hoc and infrastructure mode
- Easy wireless security encryption at a push of the WPS button
- Supports Windows 8/7/XP 32/64bit
- Easy Wireless Configuration Utility
- Equipped with a USB 3.0 1.0m Extension Cable for flexible deployment
- 29 points
- 40 months ago
from completed build Birthday Build - The mini fridge
Does its job flawlessly, makes a few concerning creaky noises whenever moved quickly or squeezed lightly.
- 25 points
- 23 months ago
from completed build First PC - First Setup Refresh
Sometimes it disconnects. But still good for my gaming needs, and I barely loose any speed
- 23 points
- 28 months ago
from completed build HP Sleeper Computer
Horrible product. Died in just 4 months of use. Customer support was even more useless as they tried to put the blame on my end. They want to charge $24.99 just on the return shipping, which is nearly the same amount that I paid for the adapter. I might as well take that $24.99 and put it to another wireless adapter that it NOT TP-Link. Good riddance.
- 20 points
- 5 months ago
from completed build Old Parts Build (Little Cousin's First Build)
One of the best Wi-Fi dongles on the market. It has comparable performance to built-in Wi-Fi modules, only suffering a little with detecting farther routers.
- 10 points
- 22 months ago
from completed build Bad Love Junkie DAW
Heads and tails better than my old Panda adapter. I pulled the Panda out, plugged this in, instantly my internet was snappy again.
- 9 points
- 52 months ago
from completed build My First PC
Very nice range, fast speeds, prone to bending (jk I'm just an idiot)
- 7 points
- 44 months ago
from completed build Stand By for Ownage (Built Christmas 2015)
Perfect for those with older houses, and therefore can't use high-speed ethernet
- 5 points
- 38 months ago
from completed build THE AIRBENDER
Unless you are a room away from your modem/router I would recommend another adapter. Ended up moving my modem and just using wired because I could not even achieve 1mbp download or higher than 1.5 upload. It is only an adapter so it can only do so much. If you are getting this make sure there are no electronics between u or ur modem such as a fridge microwave etc. I recommend a wireless card or another adapter or this with a router combo. Don't buy it solo
- 5 points
- 35 months ago
Really nice bit of kit, pretty much plug and play, the software it comes with is really nice to use and intuitive. Coming from a 2.4G connection to a 5G connection is awesome, the internet is pretty much instant, very rarely do I have lag when gaming online and I have had no issues with this adapter.